The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

Portafolds spotted out and about

Any talk that's not covered by the other forums.
Admin

Portafolds spotted out and about

Post by Admin » Fri, 02 Feb 2007, 1:47 pm

Has anyone spotted any Portafolds or Ansfolds while they've been out and about?

and no, you can't include one you own!
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!

txfsealord

Portafolds spotted

Post by txfsealord » Fri, 25 May 2007, 8:18 pm

Hi Matt, I've never seen one at all. When we got ours the vendor didn't know what make it was so neither did we of course. I'd seen other types of folders at Morris Minor club rallies, where they're much prized. I trawled my caravanning-interested friends for a fortnight after our purchase until one recognised it, he'd seen a grand total of 3 since 1970!

So I suppose they're fairly rare........how many are known to the Club?

Steve

txfsealord

Spotted

Post by txfsealord » Fri, 13 Jul 2007, 7:08 pm

Hi Matt, am I allowed Lawrie & Christine Newton's Porty in this list? Not actually seen on the road as such, & a Morris Minor rally's a fertile sighting ground for folding/small caravans generally. But I hadn't arranged to meet them or anything... so I think it counts as a "spotting" really!

Steve

Admin

Post by Admin » Sun, 13 Apr 2008, 12:08 am

I suppose I should say why I started this thread.

A couple of years ago I had a Portafold fly past me on the A35 near Dorchester, heading west towards Bridport/Honiton, being towed by a red Triumph Herald or Vitesse.

and I'm still waiting to find out who it was...
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.

Admin

Re: Portafolds spotted out and about

Post by Admin » Mon, 21 Jun 2010, 10:17 am

Whilst I was at the Beaulieu 'Victory Wheelers Hot Rod and Custom Car weekend' yesterday there were a couple of Portafolds in the camping field. One of which was Brian's (BRI52) but I didn't get a chance to see who the other one belonged to. Anyone know who it was?
Matthew
portafold.co.uk

harrys engines

Post by harrys engines » Tue, 22 Jun 2010, 9:30 pm

I saw one at Abbey Hill steam rally this year, and there was one at Langport rally last year.

Admin

Post by Admin » Wed, 23 Jun 2010, 8:57 am

harrys engines wrote:I saw one at Abbey Hill steam rally this year, and there was one at Langport rally last year.
Was the one at Abbey Hill quite a deep yellow colour all over?

or was it red and white, being towed by a Triumph Herald in the same colours?
Matthew
portafold.co.uk

Misty Meg

Post by Misty Meg » Wed, 23 Jun 2010, 6:12 pm

I went to Paignton for the weekend and spotted one - or rather the hubby did. I noticed a large "portable" (?) garage I was admiring, completely missing the portafold parked up next to it until it was pointed out to me (not blonde for no reason!)
:crazy:

Belonging to anyone on here?