The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

1973 Portafold for sale - NOW SOLD

Items now sold.
Admin

1973 Portafold for sale - NOW SOLD

Post by Admin » Fri, 05 Apr 2019, 1:35 pm

Daniel is selling his 1973 Portafold. Here are the details he has sent me:

"A 1973 Portafold Caravan -

Has been cleaned, cared for an upgraded by ourselves. Some crazing on roof (still waterproof), relined inner roof to make more cosy. All hatch lids still in place. All side wall support catches in place. Few minor scratches and some chips due to age. All original cushions included. Towing hook and jockey wheel in good condition as are the tyres. There is a spare wheel & tyre. All 4 support legs operate correctly. We have not worried about repairing any chips as it has not affected the use. The van is clean and comes from a non-smoking and no pet household.

Many happy memories with our family of 5, this is a reluctant sale.

- Owned by us for 3 ½ years
- Good tyres, spare included.
- Professionally fitted 240v and 12v Electrics, plus Leisure battery.
- Interior - Professionally fitted roof lining with 3 individually operated integrated LED lights.
- All in working order so ready to tow away!
- Some wear and tear (consistent with age) but still a good solid example.
- Hand-made bunk with side rails (our Teenager slept here).
- Original awning in blue plus ground sheet.
- Pro-tec cover (supplied by portafold.co.uk)

Capable of sleeping 5 with additional bunk included (2 Adults, 1 Teenager and our 2 four year olds)

Size:

Length Folded 8 feet 8 inches
Length Extended 9 feet 6 inches
Width Folded 5 feet 2 inches Width Extended 6 feet 6 inches
Height Folded 3 feet 8 inches Height Extended 7 feet 2 inches (total height from ground)

Inside:

The condition of blue fabric of the cushions is appropriate to the age of the van. Everything has been steam-cleaned. The roomy hatches built around the side can accommodate the folded awning and equipment etc.

The bed can be taken down and removed if required or stored inside when towing.
The walls inside will need general tidying up re-painting.
240V electric hook-up & 12V socket and USB.

Towing:

The van folds down and tows very easily It is very light to tow. The van has a rudimentary brake which deploys if you brake your car suddenly.

Awning:

There are fittings for the included traditional Portafold awning.
01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg
06.jpg
07.jpg
08.jpg
09.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg

Viewing:

More than happy to let people come and look, please message me through eBay to arrange a time or contact me (Daniel) on Mobile: xxxxx xxxxxx, we shall be away at Easter from 14th to 23rd April (contactable on mobile)."

Please mention portafold.co.uk when you make contact with the seller.

My disclaimer:

Just so you know, I am completely impartial and I won't give any valuations on Portafolds or Ansfolds, neither do I get involved in the price being asked for any caravans being sold. I do not act as a go-between or an agent and therefore I take no commission or fee for putting prospective buyers in touch with sellers. This is a purely free service that I provide to the members of this forum. Beware of individuals that deal in Portafolds who masquerade as private sellers. As far as I am aware, all the details I pass on are private sellers, unless I specifically state otherwise in the listing.
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!

Golly

Re: 1973 Portafold for sale

Post by Golly » Fri, 05 Apr 2019, 4:37 pm

Hi Daniel, I have sent you a text message to your mobile. Cheers Mark

corvette73uk

Post by corvette73uk » Mon, 08 Apr 2019, 10:56 am

Thanks Mark for your enquiry.

I've had a few people contact me now.

A few additional details:
The 85Ah Leisure battery (purchased 05/2016) runs 12v socket and USB plus 3 low energy LED style lights in the lined roof. It isn't wired up to a charger, e.g. via the main electric hook up installed, although this could be fitted. We haven't worried about that as I only really need to trickle charge (with a Noco Genius G3500UK 6V/12V 3.5A UltraSafe Smart - not included) the leisure battery over night about once or twice per season max.

The brakes and hub bearings were service by myself last year (misplaced receipt), no problems at all towing or braking the car.

The recent Tyres have little use and so very good condition.

I also have chrome wheel trims not shown in photos.

If you're not so keen on our cushions please get in touch with matthew@portafold.co.uk as he has an original deluxe set of cushions (with brand new foam) that he has kindly offer to swap with.

The Portafold isn't perfect (the external bodywork could easily be given some TLC) but a very solid example which can be towed away at any time. Everything functions as it should included external lights and indicators.

We are based in Solihull, B91 off J5 M42.

Seeking around £1,500. Open to sensible offers.

It's not currently listed on eBay. We are away Sun 14th to Tues 23rd April and will likely list just before we get back.

Many thanks,
Daniel
07572 661129

knockdolian

Post by knockdolian » Mon, 08 Apr 2019, 5:27 pm

Hi Daniel, just thought you would like to know, your timing stinks !!!! We waited ages for one with an awning. In the end gave up and bought one without. Looks good. Hope you get what your after for it.
'Paul

corvette73uk

Post by corvette73uk » Tue, 09 Apr 2019, 8:32 pm

Apologies Paul :crazy: but thank you. :thumbup:
Hope you have as much fun with yours as we did. The kids will certainly miss it.

corvette73uk

Post by corvette73uk » Tue, 11 Jun 2019, 3:52 pm

Sold 09/06/19