The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

Portafold stickers or decals

Any questions about maintenance or the restoration of your Portafold or Ansfold.
fibreglasshero

Portafold stickers or decals

Post by fibreglasshero » Sun, 09 May 2010, 10:28 pm

Hi everyone,
As we are now on the final stages of restoration of 'Poppy' I'm interested if anyone knows a source of Portafold decals to complete the look,
and to give her the identity she so richly deserves. I had a chat with a guy we recently met whilst surfing in Cornwall, who ran a firm which
would run short orders of personalised stickers, but I would prefer to try to get the genuine article. Any thoughts guys?
So many repairs, so little time!

Admin

Re: Portafold stickers or decals

Post by Admin » Sun, 09 May 2010, 10:50 pm

Rob,

I'm in the process of getting some done. It's actually my line of business as it happens.

I have the exact measurements and the graphics files are ready to go but there are a couple of problems:

1) The originals had a chrome finish in the script of the Portafold lettering. If you look at the badge at the top, where it's white should be a chrome finish and I won't do them without that otherwise they wouldn't be correct and authentic.

2) The price. I can get them done, that's no problem at all. But getting them done at a price people will want to pay, that's another thing altogether. As you know this site is funded by me, and me alone. No sponsors, no benefactors, so if I order them in a quantity high enough to bring the price down to a sensible level, I'll be sat on (so to speak) a lot of stock. That's why I don't stock parts like handles, window catches and light units etc. I just tell people where they can purchase them. That way I don't have to invest my own money on slow moving stock.

Anyway, to cut to the chase, I should have some news on them soon. When I do, I'll let everyone know by circular email and a post on here.
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!

fibreglasshero

Post by fibreglasshero » Mon, 10 May 2010, 8:54 am

Hi Matthew,
Thanks for the info. It would be lovely to 'finish her off' properly, and the decals would be the icing on the cake.
It may also be of assistance to our fellow campers in identifying our 'little treasure'!
I lost count of the number of times I was called on to tell people what she was!
I'll certainly relieve you of a couple of sets, as & when they become available, regardless of cost.
I must say, you do a tremendous job running the site, and long may it continue!
Thanks again
Rob
So many repairs, so little time!

bigbird

Post by bigbird » Thu, 13 May 2010, 1:29 pm

Well said that fellow! You do a fab job of running this site Matthew! It has been absolutely invaluable in the restoration of 'Matilda', she's virtually complete now...so we would also be definitely interested in getting a 'Portafold' sticker as well!

Jan
Harley Davidson 1340, Smartcar, 1969 MKIII Triumph Spitfire, Matilda the Portafold and Marvin the Combi Camp...

Admin

Post by Admin » Mon, 31 May 2010, 10:17 pm

Please now see the post I've put in the Parts & Accessories Found section:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=303
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.

Admin

Post by Admin » Thu, 23 Feb 2017, 3:04 pm

Badges are now in stock in the Parts & Spares section of the site:

http://www.portafold.co.uk/parts_and_spares.html
Matthew
portafold.co.uk