The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

Cushion Covers

Any questions about maintenance or the restoration of your Portafold or Ansfold.
Derekscoopers

Cushion Covers

Post by Derekscoopers » Tue, 27 Aug 2013, 6:59 pm

Having started our wish list we wanted to have vinyl covers on the main cushions and were surprised by the quotations we were receiving !! however I chanced upon an e-bay item offering upholstery for caravans etc.

Contacted the seller and was more than happy with the offer that came back, initially their quote was for brown vinyl or two colour vinyl in certain colours but of course not in the colours we wanted, however I have listed below the brown or two tone quote.

72"x24"x3" vinyl cover with zip only £32 each
24"x24"x3" vinyl cover with zip only £25 each

So roughly a couple of hundred to do all cushions, I dont think thats bad.

I expect it will be a bit more in the colour we want but I would think not a lot more.

his e-mail is pauld1726@live.co.uk

Admin

Re: cushion covers

Post by Admin » Tue, 27 Aug 2013, 7:30 pm

Derek,

Although the brochures state the cushions were 24" by 24", they were actually smaller and rectangular, I think it's been mentioned before on the forum but you need them smaller otherwise they won't fit properly when you pack away.

Also, are you sure you want to have vinyl covers? Whilst they'll be practical, personally I wouldn't want to sleep on them, they'll be very sweaty. I'd go for a traditional upholstery material in a good retro print if you can find it.
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!

Admin

Re: Cushion Covers

Post by Admin » Tue, 27 Aug 2013, 7:33 pm

More info on cushion sizes here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=125
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!

Derekscoopers

Re: Cushion Covers

Post by Derekscoopers » Tue, 27 Aug 2013, 8:54 pm

Matthew

Thanks for reminding us about sweaty sleeping, didn't even give it a thought, your right of course doesn't sound good so I am sure we will find something in a similar colourway but more suitable material.

Derek