The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

fridge compartment ?

Anything you've created that didn't come out of the factory.
Snorbs

fridge compartment ?

Post by Snorbs » Sun, 22 Jun 2008, 12:52 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have been looking into trying to fit some sort of cooler compartment in one of the storage holes, so you can lift off the wooden door and theres your cooler/fridge.
The only one i have seen was on Stuart bubbles (club member) when i saw him at Broadlands a couple of years ago and i can't remember how it was done now.
I have measured a number of cooler boxes and similar things but they are to big to get through the holes in the portafold storage area and the one's that did fit without cutting a bigger hole would not hold much :cry: .I have been out with admin to look for ideas but, we did not find anything suitable yet.
i did wonder if you could use some sort of insulation material and line it with polystyrene :?: At least you could make it any size you want then

Anyone got any ideas please :?:

txfsealord

Fridge

Post by txfsealord » Mon, 23 Jun 2008, 2:29 pm

Hi Snorbs,

We've just returned from the first use of our Ansfold with fridge in (see Mods & Upgrades for the 'how' of it). Delighted, & relieved, to report complete success! The unit I chose was the Dometic 30 ltr gas & 12v powered. There's another model this size which has mains operation as well but it's another £50 more & presumably heavier too so I passed on that one. Even then the fridge was £299 which seems outrageous for what it is & to rub salt in the wound, a suitable second-hand one was advertised in the local freepaper 2 weeks later for £45!! Nine months I'd looked for that......... Gutted just wasn't in it! Installing it was not straightforward though, but we can fold OK & the mods to chassis & hull work fine. I got in a right 2&8 trying to put pics of it on here but I'll be at Wroughton with it, so if you're there come & see us!

Steve Lord

Snorbs

fridge

Post by Snorbs » Mon, 23 Jun 2008, 7:25 pm

Hi Steve,

Thanks for getting in touch.I'm glad it has worked ok, it sounds like a great idea to me and i will definitely be looking into it.

If i am able to go to Wroughton i will come and find you, i would love to look at your portafold and that fridge :D