The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

Rubber Coated Foam Strips

Things you've sourced that are suitable for Portafolds or Ansfolds.
Gordon McLaren

Post by Gordon McLaren » Sat, 19 Jul 2008, 2:50 pm

Found a supplier for the 4 rubber coated vertical foam corner strips for the Portafold. Mine were well past their best, either splitting or perishing at the ends. Found a small trade stall at my local show (Scottish vintage vehicle show, Glamis) who had a sample board with all types of foam covered rubber section. The one i chose and ordered was fractionally thicker, but as it turns out this is better anyway. Received a length of 5 metres today and fitted in about 20 minutes. 4 metres would have done, but i've got a spare metre now. :D

Here's his adress Mr G. Watson, Key Restoration Services, 8 Derwent View, Brackenholme Business Park, Nr Selby, North Yorks YO8 6EL
Telephone 0775 3856092

No website, as speaking to him he seems to be busy enough attending all the shows in the year.

Cost £4.20 metre + carriage Part number to Quote SCR026

demondriverdave

Post by demondriverdave » Mon, 21 Jul 2008, 7:57 pm

Gordon,

Being a bit dim, where do they go and what do they look like (any pictures ?)

Dave.

Gordon McLaren

Another supplier found for foam strips

Post by Gordon McLaren » Sun, 07 Sep 2008, 7:40 am

go to this link for sponge extrusion for corner seals. same price £4.20 metre , not sure about carriage.

http://www.vintagecarparts.co.uk/en/160 ... n-details/

cheers gordon