The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

Poppy Project! (Coming home!)

Pictures of your Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel.
Bexjames

Poppy Project! (Coming home!)

Post by Bexjames » Sun, 25 Sep 2016, 8:30 pm

Well I bought a Portafold a couple of weeks ago! And I guess it was a bit of a homecoming for it....as my dad, Brian James, was the original maker. It needs a bit of work...but as my brothers now run Henleycraft I am hoping to get some help:)
I am really quite excited and have started to re-cover the seating and planning the overall restoration. I will post the my/our progress on here....lets hope we can make dad proud!

Hourhouse

Re: Poppy Project! (Coming home!)

Post by Hourhouse » Sat, 16 Nov 2019, 3:43 pm

I've recently joined the forum, so forgive me if this has been covered before, but are the original portafold moulds still in existence somewhere?
================================================================================= .
.> )\;`a__
( _ _)/ /-." ~~
`( )_ )/
_ <_ <_ ________________________________________________________ Dragonmaster at Underhill Caverns
=================================================================================

Admin

Re: Poppy Project! (Coming home!)

Post by Admin » Sat, 16 Nov 2019, 4:32 pm

No, long gone. And even if they were piled up in someones garden somewhere they'd be useless anyway with the ravages of time and the UK weather.
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!