The 15th International Portafold & Ansfold Gathering) (i.e. 2024)

Our annual gathering will be returning to the Newbury Retrofestival.

So put the dates 9th, 10th & 11th of August 2024 in your diary now and get those dates booked off work early.

Show Address: Newbury Showground, Priors Court, Hermitage, Thatcham, West Berkshire, RG18 9QZ

Don't book direct with the show organisers it will cost you more money, just contact me (07771544419) to get your pitch saved.

1973 Portafold for sale - NOW SOLD

Items now sold.
Admin

1973 Portafold for sale - NOW SOLD

Post by Admin » Tue, 25 Sep 2018, 11:41 pm

Jan (bigbird) is selling her Portafold. This is what she has to say about it:

"Hi everyone, I have a rather nice (well I think she is) Portafold called Matilda for sale. However, I live on the Isle of Wight, so you would have to travel. I was going to sell her earlier in the year, as I mentioned to Portafold Matthew, but due to rather a lot of bereavements, have not been up to this sale. I bought her in 2008 and since then she has had two re-furbs. I didn't get the chance to use her last year and she has been tightly wrapped since. If you are genuinely interested, please pm me. She is not going to be cheap, but equally, she's not going to be too expensive either...As I say genuine enquiries please pm me."
42383572_10155484483891581_3670558692740169728_n.jpg
42319670_10155484484136581_8203732739061448704_n.jpg
42310676_10155484484041581_5736324965821579264_n.jpg
Matthew
portafold.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Any original Portafold, Ansfold or Mini-Motel brochures, adverts or magazine articles.
Also, any chassis numbers for the above caravans!

Dave Robinson

Re: 1973 Portafold for sale

Post by Dave Robinson » Wed, 26 Sep 2018, 6:50 pm

Hi,

Just wondering if you have any photos of the outside and do you have the sink. Can you tell me what price you are looking for. I have got your details through Portafold.co.uk.

Thanks,

Dave.

Dickiem71

Post by Dickiem71 » Thu, 27 Sep 2018, 7:28 am

Hi there
I’m interested in your Portafold.
What price are you asking for it?
Rich

bigbird

Post by bigbird » Thu, 27 Sep 2018, 11:37 am

Hi there I am selling her for £1500, she is in good condition, sadly, I cannot get to take photos of the exterior yet, as she is tightly wrapped and it will involve me moving a caravan, to get her out of her safe storage space. She was extensively renovated when we first bought her, we fibreglassed and re inforced the roof, and replaced all but I believe one of the hinges inside. Then a few years after, she was again renovated (What can I say, I like a project) Where we completely replaced the wall coverings and to the exterior she was painted with a very expensive yacht paint. She is standard Portafold winter white all over, no partial painting of different colour to match cars or anything like that. I also made some interior shelves for her, which are very easily removable and not a permanent fixture. She has all her original lockers, nothing has been altered. She has EHU and interior three pin plug socket. There is also I believe a whale pump workings inside, although we never used this. She does not have her original sink, I was offered one, but decided to keep the weight down, as they are really heavy and not entirely practical unless you are going to use them. We did add the obligatory duck tape to the inside along the hinges, because she did ocassionally leak, as they do. This seems to have sorted that problem, although ocassionally it's a good idea to replace the tape I believe. She has a Suncamp awning, that is really brilliant and adds a lot of space to her, this was tailored specifically for my portafold and runs in the standard awning rail, which was attached from new. Sadly I have rheumatoid and can no longer erect her, I'm simply not strong enough, although my Husband does, but I require a more disabled friendly van now. Matilda will be brilliant to accompany any vintage vehicle, Dub or similar and she has her name in leading on the back Window, and the Isle of Wight flag on the front. Either could be removed, but it does look rather good, even if I do say so myself... As I said, we are selling her for £1500, which is a very good price for what she comes with. But, be warned, we are on the Isle of Wight and it will cost you £100 to bring a car over and tow her back...Unless of course you are local to here.... I hope this helps?!! Sorry for the lateness of my answer, I've been stuck in bed with this blasted illness.
Harley Davidson 1340, Smartcar, 1969 MKIII Triumph Spitfire, Matilda the Portafold and Marvin the Combi Camp...

Golly

Post by Golly » Sat, 29 Sep 2018, 11:58 am

We are very interested too.

bigbird

Post by bigbird » Sat, 29 Sep 2018, 1:06 pm

Hi Everyone, I've posted replies to you, but I am having a job navigating the site... I'm a bit of a technophobe. I'm not sure what to do to contact you further, Matthew has my email address, which I'm happy for you to have to send me a message!! Or I am on the facebook page too... But, if you send me an email, I can send you photo's! As I say, anyone very interested in viewing and collecting at the same time, because, this is what I would suggest you do, due to the cost of the ferry.... I would suggest a Sunday collection as then, I can arrange with my husband to unwrap her and take photo's before any ferry is booked. It will take us a day or so, before hand to do this, due to her storage...
Harley Davidson 1340, Smartcar, 1969 MKIII Triumph Spitfire, Matilda the Portafold and Marvin the Combi Camp...

bigbird

Post by bigbird » Sat, 29 Sep 2018, 4:06 pm

As an update, I haven't heard from any of you since my last message, but someone is coming to see her in a fortnight. I can and will keep you all posted though, in case you are still interested? Thank you again for any interest in Matilda.